Each participant is responsible to know the race course. There will be volunteers and markings, but a little knowledge beforehand will go a long way. A course map is available on this website; no paper maps will be provided. All athletes are strongly advised to attend the pre-race informational meeting on Friday night before race day at 6:00pm at the city park band shell. If you have specific questions regarding the race/course, bring them to the pre-race meeting.
TRANSITION AREA OPENS AT 5:00AM
All wave starts will have different colored swim caps. Olympic triathlon swimmers need to be counted and aboard the Coeur d’Alene cruise ship no later than 6:15am (ship is docked at Independence Point). You should be prepared to tread water for 5 minutes prior to start. Transition will be open during packet pick-up Friday, August 11, 3pm-7pm for Olympic athletes to drop their bikes off (live overnight security will be provided). Please review entry points and the exit points before the swim starts. When exiting the swim, you will enter a chute to the transition where you will begin the bike course. Cut-off time for swim is 8:15.
Olympic Wave Start Schedule
7:00 1st Wave: Men aged 25-49
7:05 2nd Wave: Women aged 14-49
7:10 3rd Wave: Men aged 14-24 and 50-99
7:15 4th Wave: Women aged 50-99, Athena, Clydesdale, and all Olympic Relay Teams
The course has not changed for 2022. Please observe ALL street and course signs as the course is not closed to through traffic. So, please; ride with caution! The course has several fast descents, PLEASE- STAY UNDER CONTROL at all times. It’s a beautiful one that winds throughout the hills above Cd’A. When leaving transition, please make sure your helmet is buckled and please WALK until you are at the MOUNT line. Wear your bike number and your helmet number. There are no aid stations on the bike course. Bike cut-off time is 10:15.
Turn By Turn Directions
- Leave the City Park – Right on W. Mullan Rd. – Right on Northwest Blvd, continue as the road swings gently to the left, becoming Sherman Ave.
- Right on 11th – Left on E. Mullan Ave.
- Right on CdA Lake Drive – Go up and over Bennett Bay Hill
- Turnaround at Higgens Point
- Go half way up Bennett Bay Hill, and turn right on Yellowstone Trail – Left onto Bonnell Rd.
- Follow Bonnell to Sunnyside Rd. – Right on E. Mullan Trail Rd.
- Turnaround at the cul-de-sac on Mullan Trail Rd. – Follow Mullan Trail back to Sunnyside
- Right on Sunnyside to CdA Lake Drive – this is a very fast descent so be careful!
- Right on CdA Lake Drive – Left onto Mullan – Right onto 11th
- Left onto Sherman – Right onto Northwest Blvd – Left onto Mullan – Left into City Park
- Exit out of city park go clockwise on the Dike Road (Rosenberry Drive), travel east on River Ave. to join the Centennial Trail. (There will be an aid station at River Road where the Centennial Trail meets).
- Continue on Centennial Trail as it parallels the river.
- Continue northwest to the turn-around point under the Seltice Way overpass.
- Return to City Park.
There are three aid stations that you will run through twice, one at the transition, one near 1.5 and one at 4.8 miles and one at 2.5 and 3.6 miles. This run course is entirely on the Centennial Trail, but please be aware of your surroundings and other users of the trail. Cut-off time is 12:15.